Welcome to The Williams Center for the Arts
The Williams Center for the Arts offers a wide variety of entertainment and performances. An Artist series of ten or eleven events is held annually.
The Center includes a state-of-the-art auditorium, a multi-functional lobby, sound/light booth, a spacious work area, several spacious dressing rooms, and multi-level storage.
We opened in the Fall of 2003. The construction of the center was part of a project which included a Wellness Center, a physical therapy suite, childhood center and several high school classrooms.
The Williams Center for the Arts is used extensively by the Oelwein Community School, civic groups in the Oelwein area, State and National groups, and arts related groups. However, the Williams Center has played host to the Governor of the State of Iowa, and several community forums.
Some of the most recent events, held at and sponsored by The Williams Center for the Arts, include:
- LeRoy VanDyke “The Auctioneer”
- The 3 Redneck Tenors
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac “The Ultimate Fleetwood Mac Tribute”
- The Zmed Brothers “The Everly Brothers Experience”
- The Legendary Ladies of Country: Dolly, Patsy, Loretta
- The McCartney Years
- Moe Bandy
- The Original Drifters
- Green River Revival: A Tribute to CCR
- Rock This Town Orchestra – Christmas Spectacular: A Tribute to Brian Setzer Orchestra
- I’m No Dummy with David Crone
- Jazz Violinist Doug Cameron
- Mads Tolling & Mads Men
- Ole! World Music & Comedy
- O Sole Trio
To view more of the live concerts and performances previously performed at The Williams Center, visit our photo album.