Opened in the Fall of 2003. The construction of the center was part of a project which included a Wellness Center, a physical therapy suite, childhood center and several high school classrooms. The Williams Center for the Arts includes a state-of-the-art auditorium, a multi-functional lobby, sound/light booth, a spacious work area, several spacious dressing rooms, and multi-level storage. The Center has played host to the Governor of the State of Iowa, and several community forums. Some of the events sponsored by the Center include:
• The Nelson Twins (a Tribute to Ricky Nelson)
• Ballet Folklorico Quetzalli - Mexican National Folk Dance Troupe
• Rhonda Vincent - the Queen of Blue Grass
• The Diamonds
• Branson On the Road
• Franc D' Ambrosio and Jeri Sager
• Tonic Sol Fa
• Spectrum Brass
• Boston Brass
• Dallas Brass
• Texas Boys Choir
• Pat Hazell - "The Wonder Bread Years"
• And Other Outstanding Performances!
The Williams Center annually presents an Artist series of ten or eleven events.
The Williams Center is used extensively by the Oelwein Community School, civic groups in the Oelwein area, State and National groups, and arts related groups.