Welcome to The Williams Center for the Arts
The Williams Center for the Arts offers a wide variety of entertainment and performances. An Artist series of ten or eleven events is held annually.
The Center includes a state-of-the-art auditorium, a multi-functional lobby, sound/light booth, a spacious work area, several spacious dressing rooms, and multi-level storage.
We opened in the Fall of 2003. The construction of the center was part of a project which included a Wellness Center, a physical therapy suite, childhood center and several high school classrooms.
The Williams Center for the Arts is used extensively by the Oelwein Community School, civic groups in the Oelwein area, State and National groups, and arts related groups. However, the Williams Center has played host to the Governor of the State of Iowa, and several community forums.
Some of the events sponsored by The Williams Center include:
- The Nelson Twins (a Tribute to Ricky Nelson)
- Ballet Folklorico Quetzalli – Mexican National Folk Dance Troupe
- Rhonda Vincent – the Queen of Blue Grass
- The Diamonds
- Branson On the Road
- Franc D’ Ambrosio and Jeri Sager
- Tonic Sol Fa
- Cherish the ladies
- Boston Brass
- Dallas Brass
- Texas Boys Choir
- Pat Hazell – “The Wonder Bread Years”
- And Other Outstanding Performances!